Today I finished the round project, and picked back up the Harry Potter scarf.
The newest project I have decided to cast on is a pair of Harry Potter themed socks. This is going to be a big project for me. Firstly, I have not knit socks before. I have knit in the round before since that is the technique that I am using for the Harry Potter scarf. However, it is not with double pointed needles, it is with a circular needle. I have been doing some research online for what all knitting with double pointed needles entails.
Secondly, I have never done intarsia before and from what I hear from other knitters it is a complicated and frustrating process. But from the videos I see online it does not seem like it is going to be that big of a deal. It just seems like something else to pay attention to while working on a project. The part that is going to be most difficult for me is trying to figure out where in the project to insert the picture. The pattern calls for the designs to be embriodiered rather than to use intarsia. I'll figure it out when I get there.
Thirdly, I do not know any other knitters that I can meet with in person so, just as with all of my other projects, I am on my own. I feel very brave and excited about the start of this project. I think I will cast on tomorrow when I find my DPN's. I know they are somewhere but did not have much success because my mom is sleeping and I do not want to wake her up.
So if everything goes well during my haitus from dealing poker I will finish the scarf and be done with at least a good part of one of the socks. I always set these timelines for my knitting and never seem to accomplish them, but I will continue to do it because I have to at least pretend that I am not the slowest knitter in the world or the worst procrastinator when it comes to darning and blocking projects.