Friday, August 14, 2009

Coming soon!

So today I finished knitting a project! So that means that very soon (hopefully sometime tomorrow) there will finally (finally!) going to be an FO post of this blog. Isn't that going to be crazy?! All I have to do is is sew the project together and block it and take pictures and you all will be able to see what I have finished. I am so excited to have finished a project for once. Well I "finished" the baby booties but they still have been put together yet. However, I have every intention of taking care of the loose ends of a couple of projects tomorrow and getting some work done on the Harry Potter scarf that has been on the needles for months now. I promised myself that I wouldn't start something new until I finish everything that is on the needles right now. And since I have a lot of great stuff that I would really, really like to start I have all the motivation I need to get those projects finished once and for all.

I really do have a bad habit of having multiple projects going at once. I'm like that with all of my hobbies. I have multiple scrapbook pages that are only part of the way done, short stories that need more attention, drawings that are only partly completed and have been that way for years, as well as the three or four knitting projects that I've been neglecting. So I guess what I am going to do for now is is working on not letting this habit take over my knitting like it has with everything else. There really is nothing I can do about the drawings and the writing because I only like working on that stuff when I feel like it. With knitting I always feel like doing that and it is much easier since I am following a pattern of someone else and not working from my own inspirations. Someday I will be able to say that I'm making my own patterns for knitting but that is a long way down the road. I want to tackle yarn dying and spinning and other stuff like that before I start designing patterns.

Something else I would like to tackle is uploading pictures of some of my finished projects from my scrapbook. Once I get my desktop computer hooked back up I will have access to my scanner and be able to do that. So when I have nothing else to share on here about knitting I can just share something about a favorite page or two from my scrapbook.

Another idea that I have been toying with is starting a podcast. It seems like it would be so awesome. That dream is nothing something that can come to fruition anytime soon but it is nice to think about. In the meantime I just take note of ideas for a show and daydream about what it will be like when I get there.

That's all for now! Look out for that FO post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment