Wednesday, December 8, 2010

FO: Bubba's hat

For the first time this year, I got a knitting project done in a reasonable amount of time!

My brother's Christmas present, which I decided on a hat, is completed. Believe your ears, my friends, this IS an FO post!!

 I am so please with how it turned out. I made a couple of mistakes, but nothing disastrous and I think my brother is going to love it!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

(pictures are on the way...my phone is being weird and won't upload them but as soon as they have uploaded then I will post!!)




Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn in Black

Needles: Circular US10.5

Size: About 7 inches from crown to bottom of brim.  

Modifications: Knit on one circular needle with magic loop method instead of on DPNs. 

Who it is for: My bro. 

What I learned while knitting this project: That I can totally knit hats! And that hats are totally fun to knit! 

What I was doing/Where I was while knitting this project: I sat in my project chair in my room enjoying the fact that I'm almost done with my first semester at Cameron University. 


How long: Approximately 6 hours total, over 3 days. I cast on Monday and knit all the way down to the brim; yesterday and today I finished the brim and cast off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment