Thursday, April 8, 2010

On the needles

As always I am behind on posting to my blog and updating it with pictures of what I am working on, but that is just how it is going to be with this blog I suppose especially since I am working full-time again.

For my mom's birthday I knit her a scarf. FO post to come on the...eventually. I need to finish blocking it and take pictures of it before then.

For myself I am still working on the hoodie. Haven't made too  much progress on it since my last post because I wanted to get the birthday scarf done, and didn't really have as much knitting time as I would have liked. Part of that has to do with work, but the biggest reason I haven't been knitting as much in the past couple of weeks is I met a wonderful man that I have been spending a great deal of time with. =D

Speaking of that wonderful man I am going to knit him a blanket. Tonight I started some test swatches for  "windmill blanket". The yarn that I bought is from knitpicks, and I am in love with it. It is almost a tweed looking yarn. It is primarily red with flecks of white, black, and several shades of gray throughout. When I finish a test swatch I will post pictures. I am in LOVE with how this yarn is knitting up with the windmill pattern. I am very happy with the choice that I made for this project.

Other than all of those promises for upcoming pictures there is some sleep that needs to be caught up on! Until next time...when there will hopefully be pictures of things. =D Happy knitting!!

P.S. In the next post there should be pictures of the my curtains that I FINALLY finished. It is very exciting news that I am very proud to announce and am looking forward to sharing the pictures! Night night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment