Friday, April 16, 2010

FO: Waffle Scarf

Mum's birthday was on the 31st of last month. For her birthday I knit her a scarf. My plan was to have it done well before her birthday, but that didn't happen so I was forced to give her the scarf on the needles. The good news, I finished the knitting that day. The bad news, I still haven't blocked it. I have been meaning to do it every single day since I finished it, but obviously haven't gotten around to it. I figure it isn't a big deal because it is spring after all and has been very warm around here so she doesn't need it. On to the pictures and info on the project!!



As usual these pictures are not the best quality. However, you can get a decent idea of what the scarf looks like. I would recommend checking out the pattern on ravelry and looking at pictures of other people's projects if you want to see any of the detail of this pattern. Eventually I will have the time to take pictures of my projects in much better lighting, but for now this is what I have. :-D




 
Pattern: Free pattern. Visit the Ravelry page for more info or you can go to the designer's blog if you are not a Ravelry member.


Yarn: Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids & Heathers. Colorway = Brick. 



Needles: US9


Size: 48'' in length. Which is shorter than the pattern called for, but my mom likes shorter scarves. 


Modifications: None



Who it is for: Mom



What I learned while knitting this project: Nothing new.


What I was doing/Where I was while knitting this project: Cast on and worked on the project at home. I also took it to work with me, and over to my honeybear's house to work on.


How long: 17 days

No comments:

Post a Comment