Friday, May 8, 2009

Arrrgggghhhhhaaaa!

There is either something really wrong with my knitting skills or I am just having a really off day. I am hoping that it is the latter but that is yet to be determined. I have cast on the winter booties TWICE and had to unravel things TWICE. The first time I got about 20 rows done before I made a mistake. I tried to fix my mistake but got frustrated and just took it apart. The second time I had 8 rows done and realized that I had screwed something else up. I don't know if I copied the pattern down wrong or if I cast on too many stitches (I copied it down so I didn't have to knit in front of the computer) but there was something terribly wrong going on with the stitch count. I didn't even bother trying to fix it again...I just took it apart. I am going to assume that since tomorrow is a new day I might be able to actually get some work done on this project. I have given up today (for the second time!) so I don't go completely insane.

The thing that I am most frustrated with is how simple and straightforward the beginning of this pattern is and I still can't seem to get it right. Holy cow...I really need to get some sleep and give this a try tomorrow with some fresh hands and a fresh attitude. Good night for now! Good luck with all of your projects and other adventures.

Whew! I feel better already after that little rant!

No comments:

Post a Comment