Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ravelry

I finally got my invitation to join this site. It is a beta site for a knitting community. There are already a TON of people on there and there is so much information. I'm very excited about this knitting community and all of the information, ideas, and everything else that is here for me to discover. There is a notebook section where I can share what projects I'm currently working on, how much progress I have made on those projects, create a database that includes what yarn and other knitting supplies that I have on hand. Also I can see what everyone else is working on and what they have completed. The other features that I have not checked out yet are the forums and the shop. It seems to be a fantastic website and I love everything about it.

In other events: I'm in Portland on my family trip. We are having a great time. The three of us spent 3+ hours in the store looking around. My mom got plenty of new quilting supplies. I bought some yarn for a super cute baby bootie pattern I want to try out (more info on this later), an amazing thing known as a "Yarn-tainer", a row counter, and some folding scissors. We did not take any pictures in the store although we had every intention of doing so. The good news is that there should be plenty of pictures from the zoo tomorrow.

That's all for now! More later when I'm back home and on my own computer/not super tired. Happy knitting! And those of you that are on Ravelry already look me up and add me as a friend. My user name is shopgirlkc

Ta-ta:)

No comments:

Post a Comment