I decided to frog what I had of my socks so far, and I have good news! When I took the knitting off the needles it was actually round! There were not huge gaps like I thought there were be! I might be getting the hang of this knitting in the round thing with DPNs. I'm glad that I frogged cos I know that there will be plenty more mistakes and if I actually take my time and do it the right way then I might have a pair of socks eventually. It might take me a year to figure all of this stuff out, but I will get there some day.
Sorry there aren't any pictures but my poor little camera is dead and I can't fix it because I left the power cord at home or lost it or who knows what.