Monday, March 14, 2011

Travel Knitting

Laundry is done (yes ALL of it, with help from mom), car is packed, room is clean, and I'm ready to go.

Tomorrow I am embarking on my Spring Break Getaway Extravaganza 2011.

I will be taking my First Sweater with me. Currently, I have 7 inches of a sleeve and like 15 inches of the body (bottom up). This sweater has given me problem after problem. I cannot tell you how many time I have frogged and ripped back and unknit. I am so ready to get this done since it has been on the needles for a year. It is a really easy pattern too!

Before picture:



Will I have time to complete it on my Spring Break Getaway Extravaganza 2011? No! I wish! But I do have a couple of goals.

1. Break down the process of cabling so I can start on the upper half of the body.
2. Fix whatever I messed up on the sleeve so I can get that done.

That's it! Just 2.

I want to make some progress on some other projects (other, non-knitting projects *gasp*) as well. Plus, the main goal of this getaway is to forget myself for a couple of days by exploring an unfamiliar city in a state I have not spent a whole lot of time in. When I get back I am going to have to bust my ass to stay afloat for the rest of the semester so I am not going to be working too hard on anything. I just want to slow down a bit.

Tomorrow morning I am going to get up super early (for me), hit the shower, gas up the car, load up on bottled water and Arizona Iced Tea and HIT THE ROAD!

I cannot wait to be on the road again. :) I love traveling. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment